Sunday, February 2, 2014

Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie

Some days, you just need a refreshing glass of… cookies?
I tend to hate making recipes that I claim taste "just like" something else, because I never want to disappoint someone who is really craving the real thing. But this time, I'm confident enough to say that this smoothie is basically COOKIE IN LIQUID FORM!
Doesn't that look good?
I have been trying to eat more protein shakes lately because I'm trying to boost up my protein intake, so I thought I'd do a little bit of experimentation with my beloved blender. I wanted something thick, creamy, sweet, and of course, not chalky. If you like oatmeal cookies, I think you will love this, too.

*Note: I didn't really measure things before tossing them in the blender today, so these ingredients are just estimates! You can tweak as you like!

OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIE SHAKE
1 frozen banana, broken into chunks
2 T. rolled oats
2 tsp. raisins
1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese (you can't taste it, honest!)
1 scoop vanilla whey powder
1 packet stevia
Dash Cinnamon
1/2-1 cup almond milk
3 ice cubes (I used frozen almond milk so it doesn't dilute)
1/4 tsp. xantham gum (optional, for thicker shake)

Blend it all up until it's nice and thick and creamy! I topped mine with some more raisins and granola for a little bit of a crunch! Slurp it up and try not to get a brain freeze! This smoothie is full of muscle-building protein, healthy fiber, natural sweetness… and it's low-fat too!


No comments:

Post a Comment