Monday, February 10, 2014

Hazelnut Mocha Frappacino Smoothie

In case you couldn't tell, I've been on kind of a smoothie kick. They're a great way to sneak in some extra fruit, protein, and, if you can handle it, veggies…Unfortunately, green smoothies just weird me out, so either I need to buy an opaque cup and blender to make them with, or I'm just sticking to the tried and true.

And since I'm a poor college student who is still using her iPhone as her blogging camera… well, I think you can probably guess which of those choices I'm opting for. But hey, I love salad, so I make up for it right?
Evidently, salad loves me right back. Pictured above is a nice little combo I got at a falafel place in Cambridge, MA- plain old green salad topped with enough hummus to make even ME happy (and it was AMAZING hummus. So creamy. I need a recipe) and 4 huge falafels! Plus, a smile, which is priceless in my book.

These past couple of days I have been craving Starbucks HARD. Despite the less-then-optimal weather conditions, this girl is in need of a nice cold frappacino. My dirty little secret… that's the only thing I ever order from Starbucks. Can I really call myself a coffee snob? I'm a fake ! *dramatic sob*

Well, on to the recipe. Coffee snob or no, it's delicious. It's so thick and creamy that I wanted to call it a shake, but it's also a candidate for a smoothie, AND a frappacino. I was going to make the title some ridiculously long thing, but that's neither her nor there (okay, it was going to be Smoothakacino. There. I said it.)


Hazelnut Mocha Protein Frappacino
1 packet instant coffee grounds 
6 large ice cubes (probably a cup?)
1/2 frozen ripe banana
2 T. cottage cheese
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 scoop vanilla whey powder (or chocolate)
1/2 T. dark chocolate cocoa powder
2 T. Sugar-Free Torani Hazelnut Syrup
Pinch Xantham Gum (can omit, but will be icy)

Blend everything but the gum together until smooth. Add the gum and blend until thick. You can always adjust the amount of ice and milk to suit your preferences

Slurp that sucker up and enjoy! It's about 150 calories and 15 grams protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment