Saturday, February 8, 2014

Drowning in Syrup

I have a confession to make:
I have a bit of a cool-unnecessary-food-item addiction.
I'm the person who, while grocery shopping, ends up with an extra 1/2 cart full of items I'll never use that I saw at the end of the aisles and thought "Oohh, that looks good!" And then it sits in the cupboard uneaten for three months until it goes bad.
But that won't happen here:
Torani sugar free syrups. Yes, five bottles of them. No, I'm not ashamed. After much deliberation, I purchased: Chocolate chip cookie dough, peanut butter, hazelnut, salted caramel, and s'mores. Wouldn't it be awesome to add just a bit of these to a smoothie or oatmeal and get a completely different flavor?

The verdict: thus far, I've tried peanut butter and cookie dough…and I'm not all that impressed. The flavor of the peanut butter is really weak, which is such a bummer because I would probably GUZZLE that thing in a heart beat if it did. Okay, maybe it is a good thing. And the cookie dough is… not very chocolatey. It's got a great smell, but really it just made things sweet, not cookie-doughy. The jury's still out on the other three flavors…

Still, I am determined to continue using them anyway. I bought them, I paid good money, and I will consume. Just let this be a warning: pick your flavors carefully, and don't get your expectations too high.

No comments:

Post a Comment