Saturday, February 1, 2014

High Protein/Low Carb Chocolate Raspberry Crepes

I know what you're thinking: a low carb crepe recipe? Please… it must taste like rubber! Well, I'll let you be the judge of that:
Doesn't look (or taste!) like rubber to me! There are only 5 grams of carbs for BOTH crepes (filling not included) along with a whopping 18 grams of protein (filling still not included)!! Plus, the crepes themselves are pretty versatile, so the chocolate raspberry filling that I whipped up for them is only one of countless possibilities for them. Maybe I'll have to try some Nutella or peanut butter and banana (we all know that I'm a girl after Elvis' own heart!)
Practically OOZING with velvety chocolatey goodness!
So, without further ado, a crepe recipe from me to you! (I'm such a dork, but oh, well. I embrace it)

CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CREPES

For Crepes:
2/3 cup egg whites
2 T. ground flax seeds
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 packet stevia
dash vanilla extract

For Filling:
1/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt
1 T. dark chocolate cocoa powder
1-2 packets stevia
1/8 tsp. butter extract (optional)
Raspberries, for topping

1. Heat a nonstick skillet on medium heat (I always like to spray mine with some non-stick cooking spray just for extra assurance that I won't be left with a burned mess!)
2. Whisk together ingredients for crepes. When skillet is sufficiently heated, pour half the batter in and swirl it around the pan to coat evenly. Cook until you see bubbles start to form and you can turn it over easily. Flip and cook on other side. Repeat with other half of batter.
3. Combine your filling ingredients. You may want to take a taste and see if it is sweet enough or chocolatey enough for you before you spread it all over your breakfast! Top everything with raspberries and there you go!




No comments:

Post a Comment