Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Peanut Butter Apple Cinnamon Oats

Basically, I've been using today as a catch-up day for this blog (and it's only day one!) I've been wanting to start it for a while, but either didn't have the time or just was in the mood to watch Dr. Who instead (I am obsessed with that show. I watch it pretty much without fail every day, and, in case you are a fan, I'll just go ahead and say: Ten's my doctor. He always will be. I love you David Tennant!)

Anyway, because I've written multiple posts in one day, there isn't a whole lot I feel like writing as an intro to this one. Plus, at least in my experience with food blogs, you just want to scroll down to the recipe anyway. Quit jabbering woman! So I'll stop talking and let you see this creation:

PEANUT BUTTER APPLE CINNAMON OATS

(I love peanut butter. And oatmeal. Could you tell?)

INGREDIENTS
1 gala apple (or a different flavor if you prefer)
Cinnamon
1 packet stevia
2 T. PB2
1 packet instant oatmeal
1/2 cup water

DIRECTIONS
  1. Dice up your apple and lay it out on a plate. Sprinkle with cinnamon and stevia, and maybe just a little but of water. Microwave on high for 1 minute until semi-soft.
  2. In separate bowl, mix together oatmeal and PB2. Add water to your desired consistency (I used about 1/2 cup) and then microwave it on high for 1 minute or until water is all absorbed. 
  3. Add cooked apple to oatmeal and stir together. Voila! You're done!
**This creation counts for 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 protein

No comments:

Post a Comment